Accommodation Clan Walker Bed & Breakfast Edinburgh B&B
Located near the city centre, in the capital of Scotland, situated only around 1
mile from Edinburgh (Edimburg) Castle. Our location is the Newington area on the
South Side of the city and not far from the busy and famous Royal Mile. Close at
hand are numerous attractions, good restaurants and the Festival theatre, Queens
Hall / Kings Hall as well as the Edinburgh University Pollock Halls of Residence
and The Royal Commonwealth Swimming Pool and the Royal College of Surgeons. We
have great views of Arthur's Seat and Holyrood Park from the rooms at the front
of our house.
One of the best value bed &
breakfasts Edinburgh (B and B) has with 4 Star Scottish Tourist Board (Visit
Scotland) rated bed and breakfasts in Edinburgh (Edimburgo). A family run
business, centrally located with some private parking, all rooms are En-Suite.
The Clan Walker is close to all amenities and attractions, a full delicious
Scottish breakfast and continental breakfast is included. The clan walker is a
Charming Victorian Townhouse, which offers comfortable, spacious lodgings on 3
floors at good value for money. This Edinburgh bed and breakfast (BnB) has been
awarded a 4 star rating with the Scottish Tourist Board (STB).
Clan Walker is Located in Newington Edinburgh
Newington is an area of Edinburgh, Scotland, about 15 to 20 minutes walk
south of the city centre, the Royal Mile and Princes Street.
It is the easternmost district of the area formerly covered by the Burgh
Muir, gifted to the City by David I in the 12th Century. It is bounded to the
east by Dalkeith Rd, to the west by Causewayside, to the North by East and West
Preston St, and to the south by East and West Mayfield.
Even after the 1586 consolidation of land rights over the Burgh Muir, the
area remained largely rural. The Newington Estate was purchased sometime before
1672 by John Lauder, a Baillie and Treasurer of Edinburgh, who thereafter took
the landed designation "of Newington", until he became Sir John Lauder, 1st
Baronet of Fountainhall. This family later also became possessed, by marriage,
of the estate of The Grange, Edinburgh.
With overcrowding of the city centre being initially alleviated by
migration to the north, to the New Town, via the North Bridge erected in 1772.
However, many people felt that the New Town, elegant as it was, did not offer
privacy and intimacy, and so, when the South Bridge was built in 1788, parts of
Newington became available for development and migration there commenced,
generally into small villas. Many of these can still be seen. Much of the
tenement building, however was not to come for another 100 years.
96 Dalkeith Road, Newington, Edinburgh, EH16 5AF,
Scotland, United Kingdom (UK)
+44 (0) 131 667 1244